Thursday, June 23, 2011

Organized, smorganized!

I am a creative soul, I like to play, I am easily distracted, I like to have options and choices when I create.  For the most part I do not multi task well, I am better when I give my undivided attention to something and complete it, than when I try to do more than one thing at once.  It took allot for me to acknowledge this in myself, I feel like I am letting my gender down, statistically, 'they' say that women are better multi taskers than our male counterparts.  It is highly likely that I have more than one thing on the go, I like to go back and forth as the mood strikes.  I can have a mess on my desk, but still be able to find things I am looking for however by nature I am not an organized person. I am capable of organizing, I LIKE things organized but I do not like the process of getting organized.  I like the look of neat and tidy, everything in it's place - I do not live in that place. 

I know I have issues, many, many issues.  Separation issues, emotional attachment issues to stuff - healthy?  I think not, I am working on getting over this, I have taken many bags & boxes to the local thrift store lately.  WAY more than I have in the past - this is good (not easy but good for sure)  I have been listing things on craigslist - not much luck there, however after a set time, if I get no bites there then off to the thrift store it goes. 

I need to reclaim some of the space in my house, to get a grip on organizing the things we actually USE, not just the things that I think I want to have or the things I think we NEED.  We live in so much excess, there are so many things in my home that others could put to better use.  I need help.... lots of help (trust me, LOTS of help)

I went searching for help  and I found a gold mine in the website  http://organizedhome.com/ .  I am on my way to actually getting it together - we will see how it goes.  I am going to tackle one thing a day and work on it till it's done.  Today = Freezer (yes again)  it is driving me crazy that I started this and did not finish so TODAY I am going to get it done.  Wish me luck.  I will give an update later today - TODAY!  I had better get of this machine and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment