Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just a little Craigs list love....

Just before bed last night I quickly checked Craigslist.  And there it was... the entertainment unit I have been waiting for, well one that would work wonderfully for us.  It fit the criteria...  Pine, tall, not too big, FREE, not too far away.  The hitch.. it was 10:41 PM -  it was posted about an hour before that.  It would take us about 15 min to get there - it could be gone.  The question, do we go, or do we not go?  I debated for about 15 minutes before I put the question out there... 

I just have to say that my hubby is the best.  He did not even bat an eye when I said, "hey babe want to go for a little drive?" This is not the first time this crazy wife has asked such a question at such an hour of the night no less.  And still he says sure, I know many men out there would say NO way crazy woman.  Last time we did this it backfired, the item was gone.  And he still says yes, I do love this man.  This time we had success! This unit is beyond what I ever hoped to find.  It is a very well made piece of furniture, I am sure that when it was new it was well over $500.  Solid wood, it has doors that fold totally away so the TV will not be obstructed when viewing, and can be pulled out for better visibility.  Lots of storage underneath too.  Can you tell I am excited!  I actually did a little happy dance on the side of the road when it was still there when we drove up.  I am hoping that by having a unit to house our TV that can hide the TV it will be like the TV is not in the living room.   

I truly miss having it in a different room.  This just goes to show, that patience does pay off, and it is o.k. to ask odd questions at odd hours in this house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment