Monday, May 2, 2011

Nightmares of a coupon disaster....

 Seriously could it get any worse? 
This is what happened, Saturday morning, just before I was heading out to meet up with some Smart Canucks to do some  trading... I walked by my open binder too quickly, and well, the photo pretty much tells the story.  100's of coupons on the floor.. they were organized, ready to trade and go shopping. UGH welcome to my nightmare!  I had to get them picked up and organized before I went - sigh, this could take hours.  I did not have hours so I devised a quick plan to make due until I had the time to get it all together properly.  It looked like this... 

     
















To add insult to injury, sorry no camera for this one, when I was shopping, I dropped all my coupons there too. The ones I was planning on using, the ones I had filed just tin case I found a rocking deal, the ones I chose to pass on 'till next time. Crazy pile of mixed up coupons splayed on the floor yet again.  What a day! I am sure you can use your imagination.....slightly smaller explosion than the display above, but a mess just the same.  At home there was only my family to laugh and roll their eyes, at the store, people were stepping over me, giving me dirty looks, laughing (oh wait that was my daughter) and with the air current in the store they travelled a whole lot further than they did at home.  There I was in the middle of RCSS picking up & re-organizing... Ohi,  glad there were no hidden cameras! It was not my day. 

I think I need a better system.  I am going to have to put on the creative thinking cap on for this one. At least I do not think I lost any under the freezers or produce displays - That might have actually made me cry.

I did manage to pull it together and have a great shopping experience, got some great deals and had 0 hastles at the check out. Thanks to the amazing Carly, my cashier at RCSS -Westwood a painless and actually FUN time checking out.  Looking forward to the 90.00 in gift cards that will be coming our family's way.  Do not freak on me, I will be having the MIR's sent to 3 different addresses, home, mom & mil's (neither of who coupon or care to do the MIR's and are happy to help) so it's all good.  Life is good... Shhh do not tell, but I am saving the gift cards I am collecting to buy (get for free) an new TV for my hubby for Christmas... Should be no problem with deals like this.  ($50.00 already in hand, $90.00 on the way)  Working towards a "FREE" Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment