Monday, March 21, 2011

10 things I will never pay full price for EVER

I'd like nothing better than to never pay full price for anything ever again. I know that this is not reality, I am however, committed to finding the best deal I can for the things my family needs.  Anyone who uses coupons, or considers themselves a bargain hunter will appreciate that. 

Since my girls were small we have always looked for used before new. Part of that was out of need, part of that was teaching them the value of a dollar, and the truth behind "one man's trash is another man's treasure."  We have truly found some treasures, often finding new, not just new to us, in the second hand stores. The best was the time we found a brand new pair of $60.00 gap jeans for $1.99.  That was just a week after seeing them at the mall and explaining to my soon to enter kindergarten daughter that paying $60.00 for a pair of jeans is insane for a 5 year old, that will out grow them in 6 months. 

Since starting on this coupon journey, my eyes have been opened to a whole new list of things that I will never pay full price for again, heck, even just a sale price is not good enough for this girl on these items.  Anyone who coupons has a list of things they will never again pull pay full price for. For me it is those things that literally either get flushed down the toilet, washed down the drain OR tossed in the trash.

10) Tooth paste
9)   Shampoo / Conditioner
8)   Deodorant
7)   Dish soap
6)   Any cleaning product
5)   Hair Colour
4)   Dental Floss
3)   Razors
2)   Shaving cream

And the # one item in this house I will never buy at full price.

1)   Feminine hygiene products (referred to in our house as girlie goodies)  with 4 females in the house I am sure you can all understand this. The savings are huge on that one item alone for our family.   

All of these items often have easily found coupons.  When you combine coupons and sale prices the savings truly add up and fast.  Knowing what the rock bottom price is on these will net you the best deal possible. 
If I can not get these items free or close to free I will not buy them unless the combined coupon / sale savings is over 60%.  That is just my personal challenge.  There are a few exceptions, the main thing being dire need.  I try never to be in dire need.  Having a small stash helps that along with an inventory list of what is on the shelves.  More on that later.

Here is a link to a coupon to help you save Expires June 2011. 

What do you like to save on?  I'd love to hear from you.

Happy savings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment