Friday, March 4, 2011

Welcome....

Thank you for joining me on this journey, it has been percolating for some time now.  I have been planning this much like some would plan far off & distant vacations or a wedding. I have read, studied, prayed, looked for real life examples, I have a note book full of ideas, drawings, recipes, a schedule plan for some posts and I am excited to launch

Frugal is NOT a dirty word
(and it is not the same as cheap!)

It is basically a place for me to keep track of progress, post ideas, and to share with whom ever chooses to visit here and read along.   I am happy you are here to join me on this road towards a more frugal life...

I think of FRUGAL as a conscious choice to make your life better, by being aware of your spending habits, and not living beyond your means. Making better use of your personal resources what ever those may be (finances, time, creativity, baking... ) It comes down to being a good steward of the gifts God has given. 

We are  a family of 5, living on a single full time wage, with a few part time hours tossed in for good measure.  We are working towards reducing our expenses, increasing our savings and getting rid of debt.  We are asking the question is this a NEED or a WANT and learning to live with in our means - if not under.   I will talk coupons, shopping lists, menu plans and a few DIY projects tossed in for good creative measure.  I hope it will be fun. 

Please remember
I am not an expert
I am in progress
I am learning
I am not perfect

That this is a journey
That this is my interpretation of that journey
That this is simply my experience as I see it
That it is my hope that others will read and enjoy
That they may even learn a thing or two along the way

I am looking forward to writing again
I am excited to share some of my "bargains"
I anticipate many good things as this journey unwinds.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment