Friday, March 18, 2011

N.F.F.F

No Frills Friday Fun

I LOVE No Frills -  If you are not familiar with No Frills - it is a relatively new grocery store in our area (well in Coquitlam - which is 14 min down the road for me) and it lives up to it's name.  No Frills - no fancy displays, no fancy lighting, no in store bakery or butcher (those things are EXPENSIVE to operate) what it lacks in those fancy things it makes up for in deals!  They are a member of the Loblaw family (as is Extra foods & Real Canadian Super Store) so they are no stranger to the grocery shopper and the grocery shopper who loves to get value and quality without the high price. Every week, there are new deals to be had.  I do not get the flyer delivered to my home so Thursday night at midnight it is No Frills flyer check time I check out their current flyer and start making a list.  Then I go check my coupons and double check my list.

 Just a F.Y.I. side note; Flyer Land is an awesome place to be able to see all those fliers that you do not get to your door.

I especially love the No Frills sale this week. 
It's their $1, $2, & $3 sale!  ( I like easy math )
I was hoping that cake mix would be on as we are running low, sadly it is not but there were other great sales to take advantage of. 

Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice  950 ml $1  or FREE with coupon printed from here
http://www.oceanspray.ca/coupon.aspx?id=2331

Select zip lock bags $2 each or get 2 FREE with the coupon printed  from here
http://rightathome.ca/default.aspx?sC=1   Note: you will need to take a moment to register at this site,  then follow the link in the upper right hand corner of the home page then you can print the coupon.

Seasoned boneless skinless chicken breasts $2 lb.  These are frozen and in small packages which is great, no having to break up a big block of frozen chicken to get a meal sized portion.

Those are the items that caught my eye.  Though I did not end up buying the juice as I had forgotten my coupon at home on the printer.. sigh I really should have double checked that thing in the morning. 
Here is a quick rundown of my purchase

Milk  1 x 4L, (1 x 1L not in pic as it was for my mom)
3 pkgs chicken breast (each around 3.50 per pkg)
6 boxes assorted zip lock bags (coupons used = FREE)
1 loaf of bread
2 lean cuisine (1 for us 1 for my mom to try - if we like it will be buying more)
1 package frozen cubes

HST     1.44
Total   24.36
Less $20.00  (gift card received in mail a couple of weeks ago for a Proctor and Gamble mail in rebate)

Total out of pocket $4.36 -  Yippee!

Which was covered with the $5.00 my mom gave me to pick up milk for her. 

MY PERSONAL OPP....0 Dollars and 00 Cents
Total coupon savings this order $12.00!

Free Groceries make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment