Saturday, March 26, 2011

What does your grocery list say about you?

I have been Spring cleaning my computer, my "favorites"  files are getting the once over.  During this cleaning binge I came across this goodie... http://www.grocerylists.org/top10/.  A website dedicated to of all things grocery lists.... yes you truly can find anything you want online.  It is an entertaining visit to be sure.

What does your grocery list look like?  Do you even write one?  Here is a copy of the current one that is on my fridge I am pretty sure that the creator of Gorcerylist.org would laugh if he found this list in his travels. Notice; TP- Butt  & TP- teeth at the bottom of the list.. Yup that is pretty much how it get's listed.  It started when I was dictating a grocery list to one of my girls while driving on the way to the store a number of years ago.  The scribe asked .. hmm mom TP, what kind the kind for your butt or the kind for your teeth.  (because you know you would not want to confuse the 2). I am not sure what the WOW is for, will have to ask.  Everyone is welcome to add to this list at anytime however I have the final say when I make the master before I go to the store. 
I am learning that shopping and sticking to a grocery list is the # 1 way to save in the grocery department.  No excess buying,  no impulse buys, I can have my coupons ready and attached to the  list.  It truly helps. 
I also keep a list WHILE shopping.  If I see something that I think we need I list it on the second list, then come home and check to see if we really do NEED it at this time.  This cuts down on the impulse buys and unnecessary "extras" in my cupboards.  The only exception to this is milk.. because I do not drink it, and am not always aware of what is left in the fridge, if one of the girls says we need milk... I buy milk. This double list system is working well for us. 
What works for you when it comes to a grocery list?

No comments:

Post a Comment